Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Teams Teams Teams.

My problem is that I commit to too many teams and never really totally devote myself to one (with the exemption of Frisbee Golf which was a 3 year love affair). Ok so far we have a ping pong, badminton, soccer, D&D group and now that summer is coming i will have to commit to the Lawn Bowls team. Where is the time for all these, hence skool rules my life and i have a film to deliver, well to start really.

Great to see the other night that NZ destroyed Wales in the lawn bowls finals. . Indeed the profile of players in lawn bowls these days has stepped up more than a few notches. There are wanna be Beckhams strutting their stuff with low-riding trousers and mowhaks, Lawn bowls is becoming streetwise.Don't worry Laura, Scotland is still the hottest team. Wales however is still giving the sport bad press with their daggy outfits and balding men. NZ, AUS and Scotland have the package.

These undervalued teams are great entertainment with added perve value just like tennis, even the olympic curling teams had hotties (again Scotland is at the top). Last night Morris said that Russia's womens curling team had great.... technique.

Nothing like a bit of healthy competition to get you all hot under the collar with a bit of verbal ref abuse on the side. I'm learning the art of this gradually.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

"Cook me some #$@!! eggs benedict, Dunedin!"

Or do I have to cook my own?

As you know, Pip - eggs benedict occurs on a muffin - 2 soft poached eggs and bacon drizzled lovingly with hollandaise sauce.....mmmmm

But hear my tale of woe - for a certain cafe of disrepute recently threatened to destroy my weekend with (God help me).... salad! Yes, Pip, imagine how my heart sank to see my plate of yellowy goodness desecrated by that heap of mocking greenery. And to salt my wound - where I pray, is the prized crisp/soft dynamic of the old-fashioned English muffin?
Denied! In it's rightful place four pitiful squares of dry sandwich toast to crumble at my dejected bite. Shame on you Metro!

So today I went for the "Gov's Benedict" at Governors. Perfectly fine eggs, adequate saucing, but where's the muffin? Oh God no! What have they done? Hiding under the sloppy mess of egg and bedraggled bacon - a halved and no doubt healthy, herb scone.

For shame, Governors. For shame.

My search for the perfect benedict continues. Until then I say, "Dunedin, don't make me get out of this chair while the racing's on!"
"cook me some #$$@!! eggs benedict!"

9:35 PM  
Blogger afirmatron said...

Dear Mr Morris, I totally understand your frustration for the hunt for the perfect eggs and the perfect hollandaise sauce (which really is the only reason why you buy benedict). Over the 10 months spent in London, I only found 1 place in all of bloody London that made good eggs. Then I come back to little old NZ and blow me down, Wellington dished out the best eggsB ever. I was gob smacked. Then even Timaru-ster put on a show and came up with the goods. As for Dunedin, agreed, good eggs have yet to be discovered.

My advice to you Mr Morris is to dry your eyes and go back down to the markets for the faithful bacon buttie (as suggested in blog episode 2). Maybe you should start up your own breakfast review blog for Dunedin, I really don't want hate blogmail from disgruntled cafe owners, but all publicity is good publicity I guess. Send us your review address please!!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Kat Baulu said...

There is only one place in Dunedin that masters eggs Benedict. Vino Vena! Mr. Morris, I'll gladly take you there, as you have made my New Zealand experience complete with renegade mussels and paua. I am forever in your debt!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home