Monday, July 31, 2006

Inspiration over Bacon.


An idea of sort came to me while eating the most delicious bacon buttie I have ever experianced. Thanks Mark for sharing the wealth of delights at the Dunedin Farmers Markets on saturday mornings. I can see that I am going to become a regular at the bacon buttie stall and will probably gain 10kgs by October, well you have to make scarafices somewhere. Also I sampled the best pie of my lifetime, I highly recommend the red wine and venison pie from 'Who ate all the pies'.

So back the the idea. Well I had bees on the brain all last week but didn't know what angle to take, there are so many possibilities.
Found this little honey stall set up by a lady from Ranfurly. Of course I sampled all her goods before getting into deep conversation. We discussed the variations in colour,texture, flavour such as thyme, lemon, added propolis. Now this wasn't just a bloody great sales pitch although I did feel guilty for eating half her stock and not purchasing any, but she has stirred up some interest on these little buzzy hardworkers. What secrets/surprises do you have for me Ranfurly?

Quote of the week comes from Kat Baulu, 'Creativity is 10% inspiration and 90% persperation'. This chick just keeps popping out the gems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home